GNOME 2.4 in Cambridge

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Aug 11 21:51:44 UTC 2003

skvidal at phy.duke.edu (seth vidal) writes:

>> What is with non-simultaneous logins? How can I prevent the
>> .fonts.cache-regeneration-memorial-minute after logging in on
>> another machine?
>
> hmm I've not experienced that. Can you describe it some more

~/.fonts.cache-1 is shared between machines whose font-directories might have
different timestamps. When started on machine A, the ~/.fonts.cache-1 file
can contain the timestamps of machine B and applications will regenerate the
cache therefore.  The same repeats on machine B because fonts.cache-1 has now
the machine A timestamps. Now, the recursion starts at A again...

Enrico