dependency tool for RedHat

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Sat Aug 16 14:18:40 UTC 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Chuck Wolber wrote:

> > up2date has been available since 6.2 I believe. Do you even use Red Hat?
>
> up2date is not an appropriate tool for resolving dependencies.

I would have to agree here.  The way up2date behaves when the
repository is 100% correct is wonderful, but the moment there
are missing dependencies or inconsistencies in the repository
the user will have to unselect packages by hand until things
work.

No such thing as up2date --fix-missing (yet?) ...