RH Taroon Beta Open Ports

David Necas (Yeti) yeti at physics.muni.cz
Tue Aug 26 19:32:11 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:17:30PM -0700, Chuck Wolber wrote:
> > I strongly disagree with claim that very few small and medium business
> > Linux environments use NFS and instead use Samba.
>
> Agreed. Samba uses SMB locking semantics and NFS uses POSIX locking
> semantics. Don't call a plumber to do your brain surgery...

We can care about POSIX locking sematics.  But do you really
think the small businesses care about it too?

They often had a mixed environment for some time (or still
have it) so Samba was necessary, and once Samba works, they
will hardly replace it with NFS.

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.