my live cd: beta aviable ...

Dirk Westfal livelinux at nwst.de
Mon Dec 8 12:07:15 UTC 2003

Hi,

i've put a first beta version of my cd together (and hopefully took care of
all trademarks and  stuff :)  :

- kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl (lucky that this one has no logo ...)
- x/kde
- twm
- gdmlogin / most gnome-libs
- config tools

and much more (probably lot's of  bugs also ...) .

Documentation (Readme, packagelist.) and download is at:
http://www.linux4all.de/distribution/fc1

The packages included are currently only the basic (kde) applications, and
they're  mostly dependency clean (though lacking perl and some other things
to save space) - it's mostly a prove of principle...

Further software will almost surely require a cloop compressed image -  this
one is uncompressed.  (cloop currently mostly works fine until KDE comes
up... ).

Another thing: x - autoconfiguration may or may not work - something seems
different to redhat 9....

Since the standard fc kernel does not have devfs support, a fallback method
is provided (/dev into tmpfs) .

I think i remember that around redhat 7 devfs was aviable in redhat kernels.
If i'm right, does somebody know why it was thrown out ?

If you test it and you  have bugreports/suggestions/improvements etc, please
drop me a line.

If you think it sucks, please let me know also.
(already expecting to get some heat ... )

so long,

Dirk Westfal

--

Dirk Westfal //Admin//RHCE/6.2//QB/DGQ