Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 01:39:45 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 20:21, Brent Fox wrote:

> /me points to Fedora Core Objective #1 at
> http://fedora.redhat.com/about/objectives.html:
>
> "Create a complete general-purpose operating system with capabilities
> equivalent to competing operating systems..."
>
> In my opinion, targeting old machines with low ram is more of a
> special-purpose task and is outside the scope of Objective #1.

Depends on your definition of "competing operating systems".
"Fedora won't install on this box, so I'll have to put
Debian/SuSE/xxxBSD/whatever on there instead".

IMO, Objective #1 is about offering features not setting the minimal
requirements to match those found in other OS's.

	Dave

--
Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
Red Hat