Inclusion of cyrus-imapd and mimedefang

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Wed Jul 23 17:13:06 UTC 2003

Stephen Smoogen wrote :

> We are in the process of moving our IMAP servers from the redhat default
> to the cyrus-imapd as we have found them to be a bit more robust than
> WU. Currently we are using a set based off of Ivoca Linux but would like
> a 'blessed' version included into RHL at some point.
>
> Other than an RFE is there anything we can do to push this through?

Do you know dovecot? It's to imap servers what vsftpd is to ftp servers ;-)
I've put it into production not long ago with postfix, amavisd-new and
clamav, all architectured around LDAP and Maildir boxes, it rocks!

http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/

I'd prefer seeing this one go into RHL rather than Cyrus or Courier.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030722 running Linux kernel 2.4.20-20.1.2013.nptl
Load : 0.48 0.56 0.55