Support for Apple 23 inch High Definition LCD panel and XFree86 config.

Terrence Martin tmartin at physics.ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 7 21:57:00 UTC 2003

Hi,

I recently installed fedora core 1 on my system, replacing redhat 8.0
and wanted to share the work I had done to get my Apple HD 23in display
to work in Fedora.

By default fedora would not drive this monitor properly at all and would
always give a blank screen so I had to use a text based install. The
screen also blanked on boot the first time since the default was to use
the frame buffer display. The redhat-config-xfree86 and firstboot also
gave me no joy. To get the system to boot I took a stab and removed rhfb
(sp?) from grub and that got me to a console prompt at least.

Getting the monitor to display something was mostly as a result of some
more accurate settings in the XF86Config file which I have attached.
Hopefully it will be useful in making fedora support this monitor out of
the box better.

There are several changes, but I believe the important ones are the
modeline and the vertical and horizontal refresh rates.

As a side note while I am using nvidia's driver I did get a display with
the default opensource nvidia driver.

If anyone requires any additional information let me know.

Terrence