FC2 and general LDAP Support

Nils O. Selåsdal nos at utel.no
Wed Nov 26 11:17:16 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 12:18, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Roland K=E4ser?= wrote:
> Hi all
>
> What about moving the user database to LDAP for the FC2 release? It
> would be possible to integrate also the samba part of the user records
> directly to the LDAP directory.  The only thing we need is a useful ldap
> administration frontend and the command line tools for creating and
> modifying the user records from the command line. The most of the
> command line tools are shipped with the samba source code. It it is
> desired, i can make a RPM for that.

While I'm all for LDAP(and kerberos for that matter) for authentication
and user information , moving the standard user database to ldap would
be very unneeded for the common home user.
I'd very much like to see a fullu featured ldap administration console
thoug, with specific tools for unix account management and similar. (gq
is to general)

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best Regards
Nils Olav Selåsdal