Translation project -- Catalan

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 18:11:31 UTC 2003

> it using msginit like this:
>
> $ msginit --locale=ca -i anaconda.pot
>
> Is that how you would normally do it?

Its one way yes.

> Then, once the file is translated, do I have rights to commit (and thus
> add a new file) into the repository, or is there someone coordinating

Yes you do. You may need to bug the package author to get them to then
do an update and include the changes. Some package owners are pretty snappy
others (redhat-menus 8)) take a lot of kicking ;)

You do need to co-ordinate with any other ca translators who turn up and
you should also co-ordinate with active Gnome/KDE/etc translators because
it is important that the configuration tools use the same words for things
like "window" or "printer" as the desktop...