include much needed antivirus products in FC2

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Jan 5 17:52:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:

> Essentially - Core components should be contained in the core
> distribution and I think that, antivirus
> should be considered a core component, as you really need some kind of
> virus defence on any server,
> that serves either mail or file services to clients... Just like
> spamassassin is included in the core!

But why?? Linux does not need it. Windoze does but FC != windoze.
IMO an antivirus on linux is an extras thing. In addition I am not convinced
that an open src antivirus is the best defense against M$ viruses but maybe
that is just me.

Just where do you draw the line?? Not everyone is going to be happy with the
packages contained in FC. That is after all the way things like this work. :-)