glibc-2.3.3-76 problem starting httpd

Salane KIng sking4 at cinci.rr.com
Mon Nov 15 22:05:21 UTC 2004

On Monday 15 November 2004 16:08, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:02 -0500, Salane KIng wrote:
> > >
> > > Try this:
> > >
> > > restorecon /lib/librt*.so*
> > >
> > > Somehow the files got mislabeled.  This seems to be a problem popping
> > > up occasionally.  My guess is it's a prelink bug.
> >
> > yep tried that and the rest of the files in that folder. I finally got
> > the old DocumentRoot error.
>
> "old DocumentRoot error"?  Can you be more precise?
>
> > I ended up doing a reboot with selinux=0.
>
> Woah, woah.  You can disable enforcement *just* for Apache.
> http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#using-s-c-security
>level
>
> If you turn it off entirely then you lose all the protection of the other
> daemons. Please don't do that.
>
> >  I guess that selinux is not suggested when doing updates.
>
> What do you mean?  When doing a "yum update" inside a running FC3?  Or
> did you upgrade from FC2 to FC3 in anaconda?  Or something else?

I had run into this before but I can't find the link. Here is where I was
helping someone else out. My fix required the installation of an upgraded
version of selinux-policy-targeted. I am running
selinux-policy-targeted-1.19.1-5 now. I assume it is the latest version.
 What I ran into this time after all the other file permissons were fixed with
restorecon -R /lib, I had the "DocumentRoot must be a directory" error again
when starting up httpd. That is as specific as I can be as of now. I can't
seem to find the exact error in /var/log/httpd/error_log. probably due to not
having auditing turned on.  I am new to fedora and selinux and thanks for the
link. I will reboot and hopefully figure this out better.

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26559&highlight=DocumentRoot