Kernel Crashs - interessting ?

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Fri Nov 26 14:51:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 09:40 -0500, Paul Iadonisi wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 07:54 -0600, Otto Haliburton wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > If nvidia supplies the driver to linux then you may have success in this
> > route, but if they do not their answer will be "we don't support linux and
> > if there is a problem report to the organization that wrote the driver" or
> > it doesn't occur on windoze.
>
>   And what exactly is your point?  This is precisely what people are
> being instructed to do.  Report problems with the 'nvidia' driver to
> nVidia, Inc.  Report problems with the 'nv' driver to
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com, or in many cases
> http://bugzilla.freedesktop.org.
>
> PS: Sorry if I'm a little curt.  I'm just getting fricken' fed up with
> people coming to this and other lists and bitching about Red Hat not
> taking responsibility for other vendors' problems (nVidia, VMware,
> <fill-in-your-favorite-binary-only-vendor-here).
>
> --
my problem is that people are being instructed to go to nvidia and
report a problem that they won't respond to.  You are a daydreamer if
you think that if this driver is not theirs then they will respond, if
they haven't written a linux driver your complaint is going into the bit
bucket.  The second part of this is if the problem is not occuring in
windoze then what makes you think that it is a problem with nvidia
driver and that you need to take a deeper look at what is happening in
linux.  You always get these tyype responses from a simple let's
investigate the problem as a linux problem and come up with the facts to
present to nvidia!!!!!!