OpenOffice.org 2.0 packages for FC3?

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Wed Apr 6 19:55:29 UTC 2005

Nicolas Mailhot writes:
 > Moreover how about "extras can depend on core features but core should
 > not have to track extras, especially another release extras ?"

 > The trick work but is a priority inversion if I've ever seen one.

[ I understand & agree that the priority is FC4 and not backporting. ]

I imagine Red Hat might want to do a update to RHEL4 at some point and
replace OOo 1.1.n with 2.0. Otherwise it would be a long wait for
version 5 to get OOo 2.0 on RHEL.  (Through my pink goggles I'm seeing
RHEL SRPMS for gcc4 and openoffice.org-2.0 that would compile on FC3.)

Mikko