Fedora Core 5 Idea

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Fri Jul 1 09:39:45 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> If you like it, you can use it. It still exists. Themes are a subjective
> taste and clear looks is the default now for GNOME.

As if BlueCurve were the default theme for GNOME in the RH8 -> FC3 era.
Your argument doesn't stand. And yes, I like BlueCurve more than
Clearlooks too.

> Already in the wish list. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Wishlist.
> Personally I like the idea of doing something similar to the early GDM
> login and new init script to make bootup faster to apply to shutdown too
> so that it not slow enough to add graphics to make the wait look better

And that won't work with the NVIDIA binary drivers either. I think this,
as well as rhgb, are a waste of developers' time.

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360