installonlyn feature?

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 16:34:29 UTC 2005

The installonlyn plugin is a bit too naive when (test) kernels are failing.

If I install a kernel that doesn't boot then the next kernel update will
wipe out my working kernel in favor of a newer kernel that may also not
work.

The simple solution would be to change the default number kept to be at
least one more but this is also likely to be a problem in the case of
failing test kernels.

A better solution would be to for installonlyn to only take action in the
case where the currently booted kernel (via uname -r) is the latest version.

darrell