Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 26 13:56:29 UTC 2005

--On Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:58 PM +0100 Richard Hughes
<hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but their systems admin (who does know what he is doing) needs a
> way to "fix" the problem, which in Fedora, he can't do.

Have you approached any of the RH-derived distros to do this? It sounds
like you're asking RH to provide free fixes for broken hardware, in some
cases obsolete and not supported by the original vendor. I don't see that
flying. Instead, consider hiring someone to prepare a derived distro with
the fixes you want.

For the benefit of lurkers who, like me, don't know what DSDT stands for,
here's an excerpt from the Linux ACPI site:

This is from <http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/>.