Red Hat's "Cowardice" against Software Patents

Michael J. Knox michael at
Wed Apr 5 23:17:33 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 19:00, Michael J. Knox wrote:
>> So a RedHat Pro desktop solution?
>> I would buy it. Save the hassle of setting up the stuff that I need.
>> Michael
>> (note: read RedHat, not Fedora)
> Why not 'Joe's Pro Linux'?  Strip all the "redhat" "Red Hat" "Fedora"
> whatevers from the sources, add your wizbang stuff, release it.  Nothing
> stops you from doing this.  This is how things like CentOS exist.  It just
> won't be called Fedora.

Of course. I agree with you there too.

Just trying to say, that both sides have merit. A RedHat Pro? Sure,
works for me, Fedora Core 100% free? Works for me too.

However, I do feel this thread is out living its usefulness and breeding