Move Evolution to Extras?

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Wed Dec 27 19:16:39 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 02:05:20PM -0500, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> It also blows away any excuses corporate pinheads might have for NOT
> integrating linux boxen into an Exchange network.

If it worked, sure. Since the migration to Exchange 2003 or whatever it
is called, I never got any new mail, despite having Evolution set up to
check every few minutes. I have to double click the Inbox folder. And
even in half of those cases it will fail with a message like "Could not
refresh folder". People ask me why I don't get email until hours later.
Well, if only I had more time to baby-sit Evolution and double click the
Inbox folder throughout the day.. and just don't get me started on how
long it takes for Evolution at startup to check folders that haven't
changed since last time.

I hope they kept the IMAP service up, because I am finally ditching the
Outlook account. If you stick to IMAP, Evolution is almost sane in
comparison, as if it were a totally different application. If the
Exchange connector works the way I suspect it does (by scraping HTML
pages from the Outlook web interface), I am not surprised at all by its
flakiness.

--
Rudi