Review queue/FESCo after the merge

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 21:15:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 20:07 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> With grep, sed, cvs diff and some small adjustments by hand this change
> could also be done quickly in CVS for all effected packages. I could
> start now and will likely finished the task for all packages in devel
> within less then 30 minutes. But nobody does that, as modifying packages
> that are owned by other people is frowned upon in Fedora land.
>
> Such changes therefor often take years to get realized in practice. Is
> that what we want?

No; automating these kinds of things is exactly where Fedora should be
going.

I think we very much want a model based on peer review, collective
ownership and automation, not personal fiefdoms and manual integer
increments in text files.

IMO, if you have the script, post it, get some feedback, then just do
it.