FESCo meeting today at 20:00 UTC!

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Nov 20 13:26:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:41 +0100, Brian Pepple wrote:

> With the holidays this week, we've decided to have the FESCo meeting
> today at 20:00 UTC #fedora-meeting on irc.freenode.org.  Sorry about the
> late notice!

While I was unable to attend at this time anyway, I am very much annoyed
at the lack of notice from a global perspective.  It is not unreasonable
for someone to make a 9pm meeting.  It *is* unreasonable to expect
someone to be reading mail during dinner hours to find out about it.
The reason that the meeting was rescheduled was because of a U.S.
specific holiday, and in the process, made it very difficult for
non-Americans that wanted to attend to do so.  We didn't push back
because we deemed the topics of enough importance.  Which underscores
the importance for giving people fair chances at showing.  Do we
seriously need to institute a policy for a minimum amount of notice with
meeting schedule changes?  Or can we start thinking like a global
distribution?

/rant