Any possibility of getting this software installer coded and in fedora (9 or 10)?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:51:20 UTC 2008

2008/2/11, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
> On Feb 11, 2008 11:20 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Oke that makes sense. and what about a c/c++ frontend? that's what i
> > actually want to do with java just as a step between it. Just asking
> > and seeing if that might be a good possibility. I won't make that
> > anytime soon because i have no c/c++ knowledge at the moment or
> > anytime soon (as in 1+ years or so).
>

> Again.. is there a reason you can't work directly with the existing
> packagekit developers?  Having 15 thousand different frontends sure
> sounds like a bad idea.  Packagekit development has momentum, its
> going places, they have multiple frontends for situations that make
> sense.
>
> If you want to make best impact, you'll find a way to work with them
> to improve the frontends they are already working on.
>
> Unless your ideas for what your application is actually going to do
> for users is inconsistent with what packagekit developers are already
> trying to achieve... there is little utility in striking on on your
> own.  If your primary goal is to impact the experience for users
> generally, you'll get their faster by enhancing what is already being
> worked on.
>
> If you just want to do this for self-education or personal usage, then
> do whatever you want, you'll succeed at the goal regardless of how you
> actually implement your code.
>
> -jef

Well.. i personally think that programs that need to be fast (package
management needs that in my opinion) can't be written in python simply
because it's not the fastest language if you go for performance. but i
understand why people use it and am thinking of learning it and that's
mainly because python is relatively easy to learn and very powerful.

I might learn python sometime.. or not..
i'm not sure about it all.
Anyway if i start with something like this to get that mockup as a
working app than i will ofcause edit one of the existing frontends
(likely PackageKit).

Perhaps anyone can code those mockups in python? ^_^