Review request: new package (zfuzz), "new" maintainer

yersinia yersinia.spiros at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 20:27:52 UTC 2008

I think that some merge between the two document could be useful.
But i have a simple question about
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHowTo

Why it is referenced, to the end the document,  only rpm5.org  as  a  fork,
probably it is because it is not the fedora rpm version but i don't know
much about,  if  also suse or mandriva have their rpm fork and  different
implementation :

- fedora, suse, mandriva have different macros so interoperability is an
issue
(http://www.mail-archive.com/rpm-maint@lists.rpm.org/msg00942.html)
- suse have "patch" rpm, different dependency capability (e.g. Obsolete
can't be a capability just an example ) - in fedora we have not such
restriction

- Mandriva now almost use another rpm code base of rpm 4.4.2, use some patch
not upstrem now as file trigger and probably other

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Rpm_filetriggers

Not to write about other distro - PLD, ARK ecc.

Thanks in advance for your reply