Java debugging

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu May 1 15:21:16 UTC 2008

Jerry James wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 3:07 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:
>>  I take your point.  Does simply rebuilding that RPM fix this problem?
>
> For the benefit of the community at large, I'll repeat some
> information I just posted to bug #434827.  It seems that
> java-1.5.0-gcj-devel has not been updated on F8 since the release of
> F8, so the current version is 1.5.0.0-17.fc8, dated 17 Oct 2007.  When
> did the debuginfo fix go in?

I asked the  java-1.5.0-gcj-devel maintainer, and got the reply:

"We generally don't do updates in Fedora except for security fixes.
We fix bugs in Rawhide and if users of the latest stable Fedora badly
want the bug fix they can install the Rawhide packages."

It's pretty hard in this case, as that'll pull in java-1.5.0-gcj*
as well.  Sorry.

Andrew.