[RFC] disable OSS sound support

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 10:24:08 UTC 2009

2009/2/16 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>:
> Skype? I use skype-static, which is the only way of having
> sound on both speakers.

There's a fix for that as described in this thread:
    https://developer.skype.com/jira/browse/SCL-186

> I think we should enumerate which applications still
> use oss before killing it. Ordinary people are much more loyal
> to applications than distributions.

I don't know if you were including Skype in your list of "applications
that still use oss", but as far as I know it's been using alsa for a
while.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München