Maintainer Responsibilities

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 3 12:06:45 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 05:09:49 +0200, Ralf wrote:
>
>> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>> It's the reporter's job to report the bug upstream when asked to do so.
>> I disagree. Reporters are "users" - "customers" if you like to.
>
> Consumers. Consumers of a product.
No. I used the word "customers" on purpose.

I consider users (esp. bug reporters) not to be "the dumb pigs eating
the hog wash they get for free", or "clueless comsumer masses" aborbing
anything they don't pay for with money, but them to be the foundation of
your work and them to be valuable business partners, paying in
immaterial payment (e.g. feedback, such as bug reports).

Ralf