Ubuntu Xorg Guru calls for help. Was Re: Fedora 12 Graphics Issues: Cancel F13 and concentrate on fixing F12 ?

Haïkel Guémar karlthered at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 20:23:41 UTC 2009

Le 30/11/2009 20:28, Jeff Spaleta a écrit :

> What is your definition of hacker? Is he contributing to X.org
> upstream development or is he just pulling patchsets to be applied to
> distribution specific packages?

Likely the second option, I'd expect from the company claiming
leadership on the desktop to be more active on the X.org front
especially when it needs more horsepower.
The poor man is suffering hardships, off course, he is all alone
managing the whole X stack. The sensible answer would be to ask to hire
some help, the better would be X developers, at least someone familiar
enough with X code base to provide some support. Not complaining about
the flood of bugs.