Fedora 13 Beta Slip 1 week

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 10:45:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 08:46 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>
>> I fully agree with not pushing things to stable unless they go towards
>> stabilising the beta but can we please resume pushes to testing. At
>> the moment there has been no pushes to testing and not having this for
>> another week massively eats into the ability of people to test other
>> not so critical parts of the upcoming release. I'm aware of at least
>> the final gnome and sugar releases that are awaiting in the wings.
>
> Believe Jesse mentioned earlier that due to not knowing what will
> disappear from stable when packages are released to testing, wont' be
> able to release the masses until he experiments to see what takes place.
> After getting RC out the door then might be able to test and see what
> happens.

Yes, I'm aware of that but the original proposal for the rolling
rawhide was that -testing would continue to get pushed, and while
there are obviously issues with the technical aspects it seems
unfortunate to lose yet another week of testing of other packages when
there's only about 6 weeks left until release.

Peter