PolicyKit-authentication-agents in Fedora

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 8 18:37:52 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 08.04.2010, 14:22 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:

> > > I never said it is a useful decision rationale, it's something we cannot
> > > avoid. I agree it's not useful, but please address your complainants to
> > > the yum developers.
> > >
> > > Let me repeat what I already said in my previous mail: I don't mind
> > > polkit-gnome as default agent, but
> > >      * I'm afraid that yum will choose lxpolkit
> > >      * I'm afraid polkit-gnome will have more deps in the future
> > >      * we cannot yet use OnlyShowIn=LXDE
> >

> > I'm all ears - tell me another way of how we should know that of 3 items
> > one should be chosen over the others?
> >

> One interesting criterium might be 'pulls in the least uninstalled
> deps'. That would probably handle a lot of cases like the one at hand
> nicely.

+1, that's what I was just about to suggest.

When I look into the critical path list, I see that there are also Xfce
packages in there. This is due to xfce4-notifyd and notification-daemon
both providing "desktop-notification-daemon".

At the point where xfce4-notifd gets pulled in, the notification-daemon
and it's deps were already processed, so I don't understand why yum adds
another 5 packages added (xfce4-notifyd, libsexy, xfconf, libxfce4util
and libxfcegui4).

Regards,
Christoph