Bodhi allows resubmitting an update with different packages?!

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 00:19:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
> It confuses the people who put in the effort to test your packages.  I
> updated to NetworkManager-0.8.0-4.git20100325.fc12.x86_64 and hit bugs
> 576925 and 578141.  I wanted to leave negative feedback on the update,
> but I could not find one for that package version.

See... that's where I would have stopped and asked myself the following:

 Self, why can't a find this package in bodhi.... it must be obsoleted
by a newer version. Hey let me search via the web interface and
see...yes..yes it was. I'll give it a day and let my mirrors sync up
so I can get the latest _test_ update so I can provide feedback that
will be useful. Good thinking self, you've earned a beer and a
baconiase infused devilled egg.

Once a testing package is obsoleted by newer testing packages, why do
we need to keep those packages in bodhi's interface? Why do we need to
duplicate this at all? If you can't find a package in bodhi any longer
that means its no longer the latest available update and its no longer
relevant to the discussion.

-jef