Process to become package maintainer stalled?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 07:26:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:01:50 +0200 (CEST), Klaus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the process of becomming a package maintainer, the following has
> magically appeared when I log in to my Fedora account:
>
> > To do queue:
> > Miscellaneous Tasks
> > Download a client-side certificate
>
> I downloaded a certificate April 11, got a reciept by e-mail, and
> used the certificate without problems.
>
> But my to-do queue still tells me to download a certificate.

It _always_ shows that option. It's a permanent option to download a fresh
cert.

> On April 13, I downloaded two more times so that I now have one
> functioning and two revoked certificates. But the to-do queue still asks
> me to download a certificate.
>
> In addition, I have got a mail April 10 saying:
>
> > Welcome to the Fedora packager group.
> > Please continue the process from:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#
> >   Add_Package_to_CVS_and_Set_Owner
>
> But the instructions there say I should wait for a fedora-cvs flag to
> appear in the Bugzilla report for my package (Bug 523715). I can find no
> such flag.

Things to check:
1) In bugzilla, do you use the same email address as in your account in
the Fedora Account System?
2) In the bugzilla ticket, do you see the "Flags:" field at the right?
3) If you log in, can you click "Edit" right of the "Flags:" field?
4) Then notice the fedora-cvs box and use it according to the guidelines.