Orphaning of Java packages I own

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 13:03:26 UTC 2010

On 04/22/2010 04:32 AM, Mary Ellen Foster wrote:
> On 21 April 2010 17:17, Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I have orphaned the following packages in Fedora. Some of these are
>> core Java packages -- I don't have time to maintain them anymore and
>> would rather that someone more active take over:
>
> Sorry to hear that you don't have time for these -- I'm willing to
> (co) maintain most of these. In particular, as I wrote last week, I've
> been fiddling with the following packages recently so I'll certainly
> put my name on them. I don't want to deal with such core packages
> alone though, so don't let this stop anyone else from taking them. :)

I think it is important to realize that this specific area of packaging
(Java components wholly built from source, in RPM format for Fedora) is
one where we desperately need qualified volunteers to step up and take
on these sorts of responsibilities.

I tip my hat to anyone who does so, as everytime I look in depth at such
Java packages, I feel my eyes start to bleed from the depths of
recursion involved.

~spot