Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Apr 27 00:47:01 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 03:52 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> And they should do things the right way as well. If they are bundling
> libraries, they should stop doing that.

Mozilla has to bundle to ship on Windows, Mac, even their builds for
Linux where they don't control what versions of libraries are present on
the system, if they are installed at all (hooray choice!).  That has
absolutely no bearing at all on Fedora however because we can and do
build with system libraries, and have done so for ages, precisely
because they are good at providing build support for that.