Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 27 21:58:54 UTC 2010

Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Mozilla has to bundle to ship on Windows, Mac, even their builds for
> Linux where they don't control what versions of libraries are present on
> the system, if they are installed at all (hooray choice!).  That has
> absolutely no bearing at all on Fedora however because we can and do
> build with system libraries, and have done so for ages, precisely
> because they are good at providing build support for that.

We can build with some system libraries. But there are still bundled ones
being used:
* libpng is bundled due to APNG support,
* libffi is bundled because there's no option to use the system version,
Debian has a patch to fix that, we don't use it.
There may also be more bundled libraries, I've just mentioned the ones where
I've noticed Debian has fixes.

(In addition, Thunderbird bundles xulrunner, but there's no fix available
for that issue at this time.)

        Kevin Kofler