Thunderbird bz 579023 still not fixed even though there is an upstream fix available

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Apr 27 21:47:25 UTC 2010

Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> Rebranding can be a difficult task, but this task also can be easily
> measured in man-hours, man-days or man-months, and this would be a
> ultimate solution, while chatting with lawers can consume much more
> time w/o success (nothing personal here).

And the rebranding work has already been done by Debian. We should ask them
whether they're OK with us using the "iceweasel" name even if we apply
different patches than they do. If they're OK with that, we could just use
their patch as is, if not, we'd pick another name, but their patch would
still point us to the exact places to change.

        Kevin Kofler