Is PulseAudio dead?

Mike Prispan fr.prop at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 13:33:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 16:52 +0000, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
>
> > The fact that the question was asked suggests to me that perhaps one
> > should rethink what and how they are doing things. People have had
> > this complaint since PA was forced on to the Fedora users.
>
> Erm, what complaint? That it's dead? I've never heard that one before.
> Mostly, people seem to complain when it gets changed, not when it
> doesn't.

well, there is difference "you've changed XYZ it's not working the way we
were used to it" and "there are bugs which are not fixed after a long time"

> I dunno, seems like 'nothing to see here' to me. 'Is it dead?' 'No it
> isn't', let's move on. Lennart, I don't think Mike's email was intended
> to be 'flamewar inducing', it was just a straightforward question.

It was not my intention to start a flamewar, that's not useful in any way.
Instead I wanted to point out there is nothing happening in this area if
people are aware of it. If there is any future plan etc. I was trying to fix
some bugs myself, but found pa code too complicated to just "jump and swim".