Is PulseAudio dead?

Brandon Lozza brandon at pwnage.ca
Tue Aug 3 15:42:24 UTC 2010

> Which is great and I understand that but systemd will basically cover
> the release time frame for F-13 and F-14 and in that timeframe the
> support and issues for PA are going unfixed or even un triaged. Not
> great for a core sub system. So maybe it would be a good idea to train
> up a few people that can do the boring trage so you can get on with
> the upstream PA and systemd stuff so that the average end user doesn't
> need to wait for the bottle neck of a single person because presumably
> with other distros using it Fedora isn't the only distro demanding
> your time.

Instead of telling others what to do why don't you pick up the torch
yourself and help out? Lennart is a busy man working on a volunteer
project. You're certainly welcome to help out.

I once asked why Google Go wasn't included with Fedora, and I was told
to package it myself. The same logic applies: If you don't like it,
help out and make this distro even better. You have plenty of time to
complain about Lennart working on systemmd, how many of those minutes
could've been used killing dupe bugs?

PS: In the end, you get what you pay for.