abrt thoughts pre-rfe q?

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 08:24:58 UTC 2010

On 08/08/10 03:25, Matt McCutchen wrote:
<snip>

>> Would it be any benefit to the maintainers\bugzappers.
>> If abrt opened the existing link, before it would report?
>
> And then what?  Encourage the user not to add a comment unless they have
> new information?  If that is the proposal, I am in favor.

Yes that was the hope.
But the main idea, was to get them to read the existing info.

> Adding the user to CC is still correct.

Agreed on that

Other users are responsible for
> disabling the "email me when someone else is added/removed to CC"
> preference if they so desire.
>
>> So there wouldn't need be be so many replies of
>> please try xyz?, to help cut down on noise.
>
> I don't understand this part.  The noise I've seen consists of
> abrt-added "me-too" comments with steps to reproduce.  I have never seen
> someone repost the same workaround in response to such a comment.

By that I mean the maintainer\Co-Maintainer\Good Citizen
retelling the same fix\workaround posted earlier in the bug.
To either enable\updates-testing or do xyz.
Because the bug report hasn't been read by the "added to" person.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded