New bodhi release in production

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 23:12:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Luke Macken wrote:
>       - Minimum time-in-testing requirements
>           - Every day bodhi will look for updates that have been
>             in testing for N days (fedora: N=7, epel: N=14), and will
>             add a comment notifying the maintainer that the update is
>             now able to be pushed to stable.

Suppose I submit a package to testing and it gets pushed. Six days
later, I find a terrible bug in the package (or a user reports this to
me). I fix the package and edit the update, request the fixed  package
to be pushed to testing again and it gets pushed the next day.

Now without any further testing the package can be pushed to stable,
which contradicts the purpose of this whole change in bodhi.

I think, for packages that are modified during the testing period,
this N should be calculated from the day the last push was made to
testing.

Orcan