New bodhi release in production

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 21:27:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 13:29 +0200, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> Most problems in updates are task for Auto QA, not a very strict policy (I
> would say it's more strict than RHEL updates :))). And I'm not completely

This is clearly hyperbole. Really, we've pointed out multiple times that
all you need to do is have someone from KDE team become a proven tester
- anyone can sign up - and +1 your updates as soon as you push them
(and, hopefully, they actually *test* them). That's nothing like as
strict as the RHEL system, where you have to get approval from real paid
QA people (and jump through lots of
bureaucratic^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Himportant hoops about defining the
problem and documenting the update and all that foobar).

As several people have pointed out, there's a fundamental inconsistency
in your position - you can't simultaneously claim that lots of people
are frothing at the mouth for new releases of KDE, but it's really hard
to find anyone to test the updates. If there's so many people who want
KDE updates, it shouldn't be hard to find *two* people (just one of whom
has to be a proven tester) to test the updates before they get pushed.
Really, if you want to have anyone from the KDE team apply to be a
proven tester, I will sponsor their application personally. It's not
intended to be a hard process to use.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey