systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 25 20:18:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:38:00PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> Anyway, I've always read the boot time thing as just a bit of fun had by
> those who probably notice it the most. I've yet to be convinced it
> really matters to everyone else any more,

libguestfs cares (and you'll care if you're waiting for a libguestfs
command to run).  We don't run systemd or very much of userspace, but
we care how long it takes to boot KVM, the kernel and udevd.

I'm happy to say with the latest set of changes (not yet pushed out to
Fedora), this is down to under 5 seconds.

Rich.