Orphaned package: system-config-display

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:39:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 19:59 +0200
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Adam Jackson wrote:
>> > Static configuration should be something you can do from the dynamic
>> > configuration tool.  gnome-display-properties should have a "set as
>> > default" button.
>>
>> Uh…
>> 1. Not everyone uses GNOME.
>
> Very true. I would expect people who don't like tinkering with
> xorg.conf files would run a DE that does have a display settings applet
> though, no?

I don't think so. I doubt that this would be a criterion people use to
pick a DE (desktop environment)  at all. Folks that I met care about
DE either working out of the box with little to no configuration, or
the possibility to
configure every single widget they see on screen. If an application
doesn't exist on the toolkit their DE is written on, they use the
other toolkit's application (like using Kile on Gnome). This is not
related to choosing a DE.

Orcan