Orphaned package: system-config-display

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 26 18:49:06 UTC 2010

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >> 2. What about systemwide settings? (system-config-display did those.)
> >
> > What system wide settings?
>
> The settings in xorg.conf which apply to all users. Presumably, a "make
> default" button would be per user. Or would it be for the systemwide
> xorg.conf? Personally, I'd find that surprising.

No, the 'make default' button would apply system-wide. Settings you
change in gnome-display-properties already instantly become the default
for your user upon exit. 'make default' would prompt you for root
authentication then make the changes systemwide (presumably by dropping
a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey