fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Aug 29 04:25:33 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> The cynic in me would expect that the people who want something different
> than the fire hose we have now are silently leaving, and those that are
> left are going to say they like the deluge of updates.

You say that as if it were a negative thing. It's actually very positive, it
means we have found our niche and set some very specific expectations in our
user base! We should stick to that and not suddenly turn around half-turn.

> Or I could just quote Henry Ford, or any other people who talk about
> design by committee.

As others have pointed out, "design by committee" is actually what the
Board, and you as the author of the "vision" the Board voted for, are doing.

        Kevin Kofler