Looking for testers: RPM 4.9 alpha

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Dec 1 10:45:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I tried rebuild RPM on F-14. New RPM doesn't find all provides as it should.
>>> Example:
>>> RPM 4.9.alpha
>>> rpm -qp --provides perl-CGI-3.50-1.fc14.noarch.rpm
>>> perl-CGI = 3.50-1.fc14
>>>
>>> RPM from koji:
>>> rpm -qp --provides perl-CGI-3.50-1.fc15.noarch.rpm
>>> perl(CGI)
>>> perl(CGI::Apache) = 1.01
>>> perl(CGI::Carp) = 3.45
>>> perl(CGI::Cookie)
>>> perl(CGI::Fast)
>>> perl(CGI::Pretty) = 3.46
>>> perl(CGI::Push)
>>> perl(CGI::Switch) = 1.01
>>> perl(CGITempFile)
>>> perl(CGI::Util) = 3.48
>>> perl(Fh)
>>> perl(MultipartBuffer)
>>> perl(utf8)
>>> perl-CGI = 3.50-1.fc15
>>>
>>> I suppose RPM was looking for all strings 'package' in source code. Could
>>> you look at it? As test SRPM you can use:
>>> http://mmaslano.fedorapeople.org/review/perl-CGI-3.50-1.fc14.src.rpm
>>
>> Yeah, that seems fairly broken. I'll have a look, thanks for testing and
>> reporting - this is just the kind of stuff I want to find out /before/
>> this hits rawhide :)
>
> To follow up on this one: dependency extraction for perl modules is just
> plain broken in the alpha due to a dumb thinko/typo kind of thing.
> Additionally there's an unforeseen interaction with 'rpmdeps' use (which
> the filtering macros rely on) which causes some further breakage in some
> cases, including this.
>
> Both are easy enough to fix though, I'll push an updated snapshot in a day
> or two.

Okay, there's now an updated snapshot fixing this and some other issues
(mono dependency extraction was probably broken too):
http://laiskiainen.org/rpm/srpms/rpm-4.8.90-0.git10730.1.src.rpm

 	- Panu -