old_testing_critpath notifications

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 21:35:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 16:22 -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:

> If the ticket can be allowed to languish that long, then I don't feel in
> the least bit guilty that I didn't drop my other Red Hat
> responsibilities on the floor when the ticket was finally approved.  By
> the time it was approved, I had already moved on.

I didn't say you should. I said your assertion that F14 went out with an
older mdadm '*purely* because of this policy' was not supported by
evidence. The package could have been included in F14 had it been pushed
soon after critpath testing approval was granted. Therefore, it's simply
not correct that the policy alone prevented it being included. (If you'd
submitted the update to stable close to the final date it wouldn't have
taken five days to be pushed; rel-eng do pushes far more often when it's
close to a deadline).

>   Fortunately, I wasn't
> under the same restrictions on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, so it went GA
> with a much better, fixed mdadm relative to Fedora.

The implied comparison here is unfair and hence not helpful; RHEL has a
large group of paid test staff. Fedora does not.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey