Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Dec 7 05:54:44 UTC 2010

On 12/07/2010 06:41 AM, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 03:35:35PM +1000, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
>> Matt Domsch wrote:
>>> I would like to propose blocking packages at the F15 alpha compose
>>> point if they have not resolved their FTBFS from F14 or earlier.  The
>>> lists may be broken down by when they last did build.  With 3
>>> exceptions, these 110 bugs are all still in NEW state as well, so they
>>> haven't had much maintainer love in quite some time (6-18 months).
>>>
>>> I trust module-init-tools will get resolved with an impending upstream
>>> release.  Not like that can go unfixed forever. :-)
>>>
>>> perl-Makefile-Parser-0.211-3.fc14 [u'631098 NEW'] (build/make) nb,nb,perl-sig
>>
>> Isn't the real bug here that koji is allowing Auto Install to run?
>>
>> Koji should be exporting:
>>
>> export PERL_EXTUTILS_AUTOINSTALL="--skipdeps"
>
> Perhaps- but not Koji - mock.
No. rpm.specs are supposed to be independent of the context they are
being built in (... koji, mock, plain rpmbuild or whatever).

I.e. if at all, then it should be rpm which sets something of this kind
(I am not proposing it to do so.)

ATM, packages need to take precautions that autoinstall doesn't run by
themselves.

Ralf