Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Jeffrey Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Tue Dec 7 21:02:45 UTC 2010

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 12/07/2010 06:41 AM, Matt Domsch wrote:

>>> Isn't the real bug here that koji is allowing Auto Install to run?
>>>
>>> Koji should be exporting:
>>>
>>> export PERL_EXTUTILS_AUTOINSTALL="--skipdeps"
>> Perhaps- but not Koji - mock.
> No. rpm.specs are supposed to be independent of the context they are
> being built in (... koji, mock, plain rpmbuild or whatever).
>
> I.e. if at all, then it should be rpm which sets something of this kind
> (I am not proposing it to do so.)
>
> ATM, packages need to take precautions that autoinstall doesn't run by
> themselves.

Form over function arguments seem to rule Fedora, which is probably why
I find working in it so utterly frustrating.

Anyway I think the best thing for me to do is stop being a package
maintainer and get off the devel list, then I never have to spend my
time on it again ... which sounds wonderful!

Cheers, Jeff.