Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 08:50:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 01:05 +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> And I'll go back to fixing actual bugs encountered by people instead of
> random bot-driven bugs.

every abrt report, ever, is an actual bug encountered by an actual
person. They have to be sufficiently narked about the app crashing (and
it really must have crashed) to click through a rather convoluted
process (the first time, anyway) to send in a report.

so are all these bugs, for that matter: they're actual bugs encountered
by Matt. The package failing to build is clearly a bug. Matt tried to
build it and so encountered the bug. Where does it fail to meet your
criteria?

I agree it's a bit questionable whether we should block packages for
FTBFS, but the argument can clearly be made; being self-hosting is
obviously important for an F/OSS project. At some point it devolves into
Stallmanite wankery about whether you can flash your mouse, but where
exactly we should draw the line isn't a slam-dunk :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey