Proposed package blocking due to FTBFS

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Dec 11 00:50:11 UTC 2010

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Have you considered training up some bugzappers to help triage your
> components? They could at least work on de-duping abrt reports.

Uh, I've pretty much given up on handling ABRT reports entirely. Even if
they were deduped, there are so many different Gnash crashes that's
impossible to handle the flood.

> The ones he's refering to have not built since f12. It's a wonder if
> they work at all. ;)

We're backwards-compatible. At least one package in my CalcForge repository
was built on FC5, it still works and I don't have anything to change in it,
so I don't see why I'd rebuild it.

And several of those packages were building just fine in F13 or even F14,
they just didn't have a rebuild issued in Koji because there was no need for
one. It's only fair to consider the Fedora release the packages was last
built for in Koji if we do a mass rebuild for each release.

        Kevin Kofler