ABRT opt-out (was Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo meeting)

Jiri Moskovcak jmoskovc at redhat.com
Sat Dec 11 11:42:00 UTC 2010

On 12/11/2010 02:55 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> drago01 wrote:
>> Well ABRT should stop filing bugs in bugzilla, it does not scale PERIOD.
>
> IMHO it should file bugs in the upstream bug tracker (even if that tracker
> is not Bugzilla, so it'd have to learn as many different bug tracker APIs as
> possible).
>
> Gnash upstream actually MIGHT be able to do something about the bazillion
> crashes in their software. I definitely can't.
>
>          Kevin Kofler

This is not a first time when in see this idea and was already answered
- we're the distro and we're responsible for the packages, filling all
bugs to the upstream will make more harm then good - e.g. crash caused
by our patch or by some library which has different upstream or the bug
is already fixed in the new upstream version which is not updated in our
repositories... and these problems are for maintainers to decide before
they forward the ticket to the upstream...

Jirka